www.biblicalreliability.com

Now You Can Visit Our "Evidence for Biblical Reliability" Website at www.biblicalreliability.com for Quicker & Easier Access to these Articles and Many More!

How To Use This Site

How To Use This Site:
Select "How To Use This Site and Table of Contents" from the list of Labels in the column at the right of this page.
This will give you a list of Topics and Articles found at this site.








Saturday, October 16, 2010

3 Steps To Salvation


3 Steps To Salvation


It is a Christian’s duty to lead non-Christians to our Lord Jesus, but people do not and can not save anyone. It is the work of the Holy Spirit which saves lost souls. These 3 steps are a guide on how to lead non-Christians to the saving grace of God through faith in Jesus, so they may become saved children of God and enjoy the Christian life and an eternal life in God’s heavenly kingdom.

STEP ONE


Use questions that determine where God is working in their life as:
1) Do you have any kind of spiritual belief?
2) To you, who is Jesus?
3) Do you believe there is a heaven and a hell?
4) If you died right now, where would you go? If heaven, why?
5) If what you believe were not true, would you want to know it?
6) May I share some scriptures with you?
If they say "YES", open the Bible.
If they say "NO", do nothing.

STEP TWO


Let the Holy Spirit speak to them through the scripture in the Bible. Ask them to read each verse aloud. Then ask them "What does this say to you?" If they can not answer sufficiently, ask them to read it aloud again. Keep having them read it aloud until the Holy Spirit convicts them to understand.
1) John 3:16 - "For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life."
2) Romans 3:23 - "All have sinned"; Romans 6:23 - "The wages of sin is death"
3) Luke 13:3 - "... unless you repent, you too will all perish."
4) 1 Corinthians 15:3-4 - "Christ died for our sins ... He was buried, and ... He rose again ... ."
5) John 1:12 - "As many as received Him, to them He gave the right to become the children of God, to those who believe in His name"; Acts 16:31 - "Believe in the Lord Jesus, and you will be saved"
6) Revelation 3:20a - "Behold, I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears My voice and opens the door, I will come in to him ... ." (Try not to discuss, but let them think through the readings.)

STEP THREE


Close with key questions which get them to admit their sin and their need for a savior:
1) Are you a sinner?
2) Do you want forgiveness for your sins?
3) Do you believe Jesus died on the cross for you and rose again?
4) Are you willing to surrender your life to Jesus Christ?
5) Are you ready to invite Jesus into your life and into your heart?

After you ask this final question, Be Silent and Pray. If they say "NO", ask why and discuss their concerns. If they say "YES", ask them to repeat a prayer of salvation after you. Say it slow, pausing, giving them time to repeat each section. Pray something like: "God, I know that I am a sinner, and I know that my sin must be paid for. Jesus, I accept Your death on the cross as payment for my sin. Please forgive me of all my sin. Please come into my heart and save me. I give You my life and ask you to be my personal Lord and Savior. Take me to heaven to be with you when I die. Help me to live for You until that time. Thank You, Lord Jesus for saving me. Amen."

Now say, "Congratulations, if you truly meant what you just said, then Jesus Christ has just saved you." If possible, keep in touch with this person. Invite them to learn more about Jesus. Offer to answer questions to help them grow spiritually. Get them a Bible to read and suggest that they read the book of John first. Guide them to attend church and to pray every day. Lastly pray for them.